Saturday 20 April 2013

Record Store Day 2013


Another year, another unfeasibly early train ride into London to visit the vinyl Mecca that is Rough Trade East (having first had to scrape the ice off the car, despite the fact that it's April). The queue was definitely longer at 6.30 than it was last year, meaning that we didn't get straight in at 8 o'clock, but our hands were in reach of the record racks by about 8.25, and they weren't letting too many people in at once so it was pretty calm inside. Unfortunately a couple of things I wanted had already gone (the Mercury Rev album and the Brian Eno x Nicolas Jaar x Grizzly Bear 12") but I got pretty much everything else I wanted (see the list below for my successful purchases).

Emerging from Rough Trade about 9.45 I headed down to Mother Gallery for the Secret 7s sale, not to buy anything but just to see what was around. There was another queue to get in and quite a lot had gone by the time I was in, but it seemed like a fun event to raises money for Art Against Knives.

A spot of brunch followed, and then I returned to Rough Trade (where I'm sat writing this) to watch some of the music. So far I've seen sets from Daniel Avery and then Sam Willis (Walls), and I'll be watching Public Service Broadcasting before I head home. I'll stick some pictures onto this post later but in the meantime here's a list of what I got:

  1. Pulp x Soulwax - After You 12"
  2. Ghostpoet - Meltdown 10"
  3. Moon Duo - Circles Remixed 12"album
  4. Primal Scream - I Want You 12"
  5. Toy x The Horrors - Motoring / Moving Further Away 12"
  6. Sinkane - Jeepers Creepers 12"
  7. Beak> - 0898 / Welcome To The Machine 10"
  8. The Wedding Present - 4 Lieder EP 10"
  9. Factory Records - Communications vol. 2 10"
  10. Elliott Smith - Either/Or 7"
  11. Public Service Broadcasting - Signal 30 7"
  12. Paul Weller - Flame Out 7"
  13. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Animal X picture 7"
  14. Moby & Mark Lanegan - The Lonely Night 7"
  15. The Twilight Sad / Bill Wells & Aidan Moffat - split 7"
  16. Mogwai / Bill Wells & Aidan Moffat - split 7"
Here's some pictures of the day:

RSD13 - the queue at Rough Trade 6.30am (part 1)
RSD13 - the queue at Rough Trade 6.30am (part 2)
Daniel Avery DJ'ing amongst the foliage
Sam Willis (Walls)
Public Service Broadcasting


No comments:

Post a Comment