Saturday 6 September 2014

Track of the Day: 'Hey Mami' by Sylvan Esso

According to Soundcloud this has been around for about a year, so maybe I'm a bit late to the party. But the first time I heard it was when Mary Anne Hobbs played it this morning, and I've been hypnotised by it ever since. I love how it starts out like a simple child's rhyme, one of those things they used to teach you to sing in a round at school, and then the electronics kick and it becomes a totally different animal.



If, like me until 12 hours ago, you've not heard of them before, Sylvan Esso are comprised of Amelia Meath from Mountain Man and Nick Sanborn (Made of Oak / Megafaun). Their album came out earlier this year (I'm off to check it out when I've finished writing this) and they're on tour in Europe in September and early October before heading back to the States at the end of that month).

No comments:

Post a Comment