Thursday 24 March 2011

Back from SXSW - Normal service is resumed

The jet lag is receeding, the tinnitus has all but gone, and the smell of stale pizza and beer on 6th Street is just a distant memory as I gradually shake the dust of Austin from my shoes.

SXSW was brilliant - I recommend that you all go at least once. Apparently there are a lot more music fans there now than there used to be when it was just an industry shinding. The sheer volume and breadth of bands is incredible - if you're prepared to walk around town and drop in on venues you can pretty much stumble upon examples of every popular form of music.

Of the bands I was planning to see Gold Panda and Gayngs were particular highlights. On the new act front Dam Mantle was my favourite and FM Belfast (new to me) were my favourite new party band. For a full write up, including lots of pictures, go to the SXSW 2011 page using the link on the right of this page, or just click here.

If you weren't in the crowd below, or one like it, in Austin this year, then make sure you get yourself a ticket for SXSW 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment