Phil Jupitus arrived about an hour later carrying 2 boxes of records - he was DJing from 8-10, before going on to do 2 Chitty Chitty Bang Bang shows so he had a busy one!
|Phil Jupitus, South Record Shop 16/4/16|
I've listened to nearly all of these and the one that absolutely sounds the best is 'Private Life' by Grace Jones - the bass and drums in particular are amazing. The Public Service Broadcasting picture disc probably looks the best, but I'm not sure which is my favourite buy yet. I've got Xiu Xiu's Twin Peaks covers on at the moment, which is a strong contender, along with the Requiem For A Dream Soundtrack and Howard Marks doing Dylan Thomas. Here's the full list of what I got.
- The Other Side - Public Service Broadcasting (7" picture disc)
- Cool Out - Matthew E White & Natalie Prass (7")
- Lightning Strikes The Postman - The Flaming Lips (CD & comic)
- When A Woman Is Around - Unloved (12", red vinyl)
- Mantra For A State of Mind - Primal Scream (12")
- Private Life - Grace Jones (12")
- The Great Confuso EP - Blanck Mass (12", mulberry vinyl)
- Unreleased Versions & Remixes vol 1 - Django Django (12")
- Where Are U Now - Skrillex & Diplo feat. Justin Bieber (12", yellow vinyl)
- A Badman Sound / Heath Town / Inf Inf Inf Inf - Mark Pritchard / Bibio / Clark (12")
- Do Not Go Gentle - Howard Marks reads Dylan Thomas (12", green vinyl)
- Xiu Xiu plays the music of Twin Peaks - Xiu Xiu (double album, 1 red & 1 blue vinyl)
- Requiem For A Dream OST - Clint Mansell & Kronos Quartet (double album)